Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Compliments of the New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope this is the year that so many of us celebrate our uniqueness, accept our flaws and count our blessings.

This is the year I hope to permanently move back to Zimbabwe so I intend on taking time out each day to be still and reflect on the day's happenings. I live in the city sharing my treasured spaces with so many different people - I hope to remember names of baristas, waiters, sales assistants, cashiers, couriers and the two or three street sweepers I see almost everyday. I hope to remember that the footpath isn't mine alone and the crab-walking isn't cute. I hope to remember to smile instead of hiss at people I catch staring at me (its the bald head) and to refrain from cussing people out at work.

  • I hope my boss approves my leave so I can travel to London this April.
  • I hope my parents get-it-together and sort out their UK visas for April.
  • I hope I'm invited to a hush-hush Prada sale later this month.
  • I hope my iPhone doesn't die on me any time soon.
  • I hope something comes up social-scene-wise so I can finally wear my Hermes Lilanga scarf.

Hermes Lilanga scarf (inspired by George Lilanga's artwork)

PS - I, like you, also hope for good health and a pay-rise:)





No comments:

Post a Comment