Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday night fever...

Saturday night and I'm home alone drinking the finest French white my money can buy and listening to bootleg reggae cds I bought on a recent-ish trip to St Lucia. I had an amazing time and one day soon I'll write all about it. I'll write about the flight there, the natural beauty of the first St Lucians I saw, the landscape, The Landings where I stayed, the beaches, my first Friday night in Gros Islet, the Naija beats I heard when I was chilling on the patio of a not-so-upmarket but tight bar called Castros, the prostitutes, the rastas, the food and my toothache issue and about an amazing, almost supernatural, beauty therapist who changed my life. She had an aura. Perhaps a power. When I was in her presence I felt at peace like I had met my guardian angel slash beauty therapist. She paid me the biggest compliment and since then I've never looked at myself in the mirror and been so unkind to myself again.

I've been fortunate enough to go to one of the most magical destinations in this world. I plan on going to Barbados, Jamaica and Trinidad in a few-ish months. Come with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment