Monday, September 6, 2010

The Essentials Saga

My 'sister under the skin' a.k.a my apartment-mate and I are both on our laptops researching fashion must-haves. She's off to Italy for a friend's wedding + a wee break and I'm helping her with The List. The list of essentials and not-so-essential items that every fashionista should carry with her at all times and at least glance at before handing over her method of payment for a major purchase. Deciding what is essential is proving to be very difficult. Are statement coats, power clutches, Missoni knits and cramp-inducing pumps essentials? I'm not entirely sure. What do I know? I'm just a self-indulgent mere mortal who adores subtle and not-so-subtle accessories, vibrant silks, cuddly cashmeres and multiple pairs of comfy Converses. I've made many mistakes over the years but I've made some unbelievably great purchasing decisions. For good guidance check out Nina Garcia's Little Book of Style and style.com. Both are yet to fail me.




















2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this book, I will definitely get this one.

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol you are so right! It is so hard to decide between what is ESSENTIAL and what is just a frivolous want that we desire at the moment. I've wasted too much money on items I wanted for a certain period of time but didn't actually NEED lol. But I must say, your writing is really beautiful, even in this little paragraph :) I'll def have to check out style.com now lol

    feel free to check out my blog!
    www.THATGOODGOODBLOG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete