Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Post 2/30

What a day! Work was hectic and my boss was in a mood so I was keeping a low profile which in my case actually involves doing some work and speaking when only spoken to. Today was not a day to take personal calls, read the latest Harpers issue back to back, hang around in the staff kitchen drinking copious amounts of tea dissecting each trend and each brand's campaign. Today I earned my money! As I sluggishly walked home, I couldn't help feeling like shit is clearly not going according to plan career-wise. Need to take my side hustle to a whole new level. Mmmmm...

Thought I might share with you my day to day easy chic bag and what its contents.


I've been a Longchamp fan for a few years now and I can't imagine using anything else on a day to day basis. I love the functionality and durability of the Le Pliage product line and i encourage you to check out Longchamp's website http://www.longchamp.com/ and see what catches your eye or simply what would work for you. I highly recommend the shopper styles but some aren't as secure as you might. Frankly, my bag doesn't quite work in a developing world setting.



What's in the bag?


I always carry a piece of fruit for when I get peckish between meals and just in case a crackhead asks me for money. It may sound harsh but I don't believe in giving cold cash to a junkie. I give fruit and fruit only.


  • Book
    I recently picked up a new fashion bible, Parisian Chic, by Karl Lagerfeld's oldest muse. I adore well-written fashion books by non-celebrities that discuss personal style, subtle sexiness etc. In addition to this, books that let readers make up their own minds about their fashion choices.


    • Makeup case MAC powder, Sephora powder brush, Lady Speed Stick, YSL No 6 lipgloss, Lipsmacker, Dettol hand sanitiser, Aesop handcream, paracetamol and a mirror




        • Wallet
          I've had the same wallet for five years. Sounds kookie but the day its completely falls apart is the day a part me dies. Okay that's actually ridiculous isn't it?

        • Sunglasses
          Classic Rayban aviators are yet to fail me. Steep-ish price point for what they are but amazing lenses.


        • Beyonce's cd
          I'm dangerously in love with all things Beyonce at the moment (apart for her bleached skin and almost Barbie-ish-wannabe-white-woman thing that she's got going on).



        • Discman
          YES!!!!! I still use one because I'm convinced some songs sound better on my discman.




        • iPhone
          I have my brother to thank for this unreliable piece of crap. Do not buy one! Try to get a loved or pre-loved one to buy if for you *wink*




        • The O.G iPod




        • Keys




        • Work swipe card




        Feel free to tell me whats in your bag (smirk)

        3 comments:

        1. Discman!!!Sha you still have one of those?I want one too.

          ReplyDelete
        2. Lady speed stick! Now this. Is what I need to move a round with in my bag sha! At least once a week...let's just say, I forget O_o

          ReplyDelete
        3. I stopped carrying a bag...too muchstuff syndrome...now i just take my card and ID stick it in my bra...lip gloss in pocket and roll out....very liberating!

          ReplyDelete