Friday, July 8, 2011

Post 5/30: TGIF for real

Happy People it's been a gruelling week and Baldie's so looking forward to a quiet weekend. Two weeks TODAY until she's in Zim and she honestly can't wait.

I miss my family so much.
I miss my mother's cooking.
I miss my childhood friends.
I miss speaking Shona.
I miss getting 'gangster' on someone and it being completely normal when they've inconvenienced me.
F*** I miss seeing black people.
I miss being in contact with African people...my people.

I spent much of today thinking about the only place I call home and sharing what I call 'my truth' with Rania, my friend slash work colleague. Feeling a bit down in all honesty:(

Ciao bellas

1 comment:

  1. Awww girlie hope you're feeling better...I'm also feeling very blah and miss all that you stated too :(

    ReplyDelete