Sunday, July 3, 2011

Shona Vixen dedication

Baldie finally succumbed to peer pressure and decided to buy Beyonce's new album. Shona Vixen, a London-based Zimbabwean blogger and Twitter extraordinaire, had a part to play after tweeting about Beyonce's (or her album's or a particular song's) ability to make her 'act a fool' on London's Oxford Street and I knew then that I had to buy it. I myself HAVE acted a fool many a times in broad daylight on a number of major roads because of a beat, a song or a voice. Yes (chuckle) and the last time was a couple of weeks ago when I was walking to work and I stopped as I was nearing my favourite cafe to listen to my jam and boogie like the Collins Street was mine and mine alone. Like Beres wrote those words thinking about me. Only me. And sang those words for the whole wide world to know that it was and will always ever be about about Baldie and Beres. It sounds crazy doesn't it (laugh out loud like no one else lives in this building). I haven't been the luckiest in love but I listen to his music and I'm hopeful. I am.

So... [PAUSE]

If there's one man I'd leave my true love one for its Beres Hammond.


Baldie in a Beres slash Jodeci moment at my girlfriends' apartment in a Phyllis Boho caftan

Yes its Sunday night and I should be with my girls talking utter shit and debating what went wrong with whichever eligible-ish bachelor or should be having Sunday dinner with my Mr Big-ish and his son. Nope! I'm home. I'm home alone listening to Bey, drinking a bottle of wine I bought as a welcome-home gift for my flatmate who's currently in Hong Kong and debating calling my mum tonight. She's so used to my tipsy-slash-drunken calls. Its Sunday which is a sacred day so I might leave it and ring her tomorrow in my responsible Monday to Friday voice.

Back to Beyonce album

1 comment:

  1. A post dedicated to me!!! Let me do a Nicki Minaj-like whine!!

    Check Baldie getting down!!!hums 'Feel Good, Feel Goood'!!

    I'm glad you're not disappointed with 4!Its been on rotation since Friday and am just happy I'm not skipping a song on the album!
    That Kaftan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete