Thursday, July 7, 2011

Post 4/30 What to wear to dinner with your ex (the meaningful one)

So I've been asked by a super stylish girlfriend, someone I worked with many many moons ago, to come up with what she should wear to dinner with her ex, also known as Mr Shoulda-Coulda-Put-A-Ring-On-It.

I swear every woman (except for some hardcore no-penis lesbians) has that one man who they envisioned a happily ever after life with who still rattles them. Yes 'rattles' is the chosen word. My friend, lets call her Fever, is a wholesome Miss Independent who I always thought 'had it altogether' on all levels. Funny thing is Mr Shoulda-Coulda sent her an email letting her know that he'd spent this weekend with their ex-friends, was thinking of her and would love to catch up over dinner at a swanky London restaurant. Suddenly Fever forgets that she hadn't even thought about him in months and in a mad panic rings me in the wee hours of this morning to tell me the news. YES - Fever woke me up to discuss what she should wear to this bloody dinner with that twat this Saturday. Fever wasn't listening to me when I was telling her that buying a whole new outfit for one dinner is ludicrous. It doesn't make sense and I still can't understand why she cant wear something she already has, perhaps a new lipstick (MAC's Ruby Woo), maybe get her nails + the hair 'did' and be done with it. Believe me I really love shopping but I'm all about recycling key pieces and switching it up with show-stopping footwear and inexpensive accessories.
Bottom line - my girl needs an outfit quick. Nothing like a good-for-budget red dress to steal the show. This is what I came up with.



What to wear to dinner with your ex (the meaningful one)


TopShop sleeveless dress
$95 - topshop.com




Nine West sparkly sandals
£90 - houseoffraser.co.uk


Diane von Furstenberg pewter handbag
$295 - net-a-porter.com

Kenneth Jay Lane 14k earrings
$45 - charmandchain.com


Amazon.com: OPI NLW42 Lincoln Park after Dark: Beauty
$5.20 - amazon.com

2 comments:

  1. I have no one else to blame but myself...when I saw the red top shop dress, I rushed over to Top shop UK and bought it. Who knows I might have a dinner with a notable ex soon. However if anyone asks me why I bought it I'm going to say "Zim Sponono, my newly appointed style God mother told me so". End of.

    Mskkj x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet nibblets, i want THOSE shoes...and the dress, F**k it, i want it all!

    If that whole ensemble doesn't scream, "Look what you're missing out on Fool", i don't know what does.

    I like your work Ms Sponono

    ReplyDelete